The Benefits of Home Care
Kind Care at Home is the Preferred Choice. Kind Care at Home is a service that assists those in need to continue living and celebrating life from the comfort of their own home.
Home care is a model of care that includes both formal and informal support networks, including family, neighbors, and friends.
These individuals make up a ‘Care Team’, working together to meet the goals and expected outcomes of the person being cared for. At some point, professional in-home care may become necessary. Kind Care at Home provides the ideal solution.
Considering Your Options
When selecting a Home Care services company, you will have many questions. The first thing to consider is that Home Care services vary from facility-based options. Chances are if you’re researching senior care you’ve heard a lot about senior housing options such as a nursing home, assisted living community, adult day care, retirement community, or continuing care retirement community CCRC). These elderly care options all have unique benefits. However, in-home care is often the preferred choice for seniors who wish to age in the comfort and familiarity of their own home. Financial, social, and health circumstances determine which environment is chosen. Depending on your loved one’s needs, you may opt for him or her to receive non-medical in-home care to provide them with companionship and supervision throughout the day when you’re unable to attend to their needs.
If the goal is to remain at home, Kind Care provides the help you need. When families choose the in-home option of aging they are often choosing to keep the family unit together.
- 1. Keeping the comforts of home: The chair they love, the backyard with a garden, friends and family that stop by for the holidays, and a kitchen for the morning coffee are all comforts we call home. The #1 advantage of in-home care is keeping the things that we love close by.
- 2. Personalized, One-on-One Care: The caregiver that arrives at your loved one’s door has only one purpose, and that’s to ensure your loved one gets 100% of his or her attention and quality care. Your loved one gets one-on-one care at the necessary level to achieve ultimate comfort — whether it is overnight or live-In care, or a few hours a day of compassionate companion care.
- 3. Independence, Confidence, and Comfort: Where is your loved one most comfortable? Where does he or she feel most confident and open to participating in activities? The answer, most likely, is in their own home. Not only is the recovery process easier and faster in the calming familiarity of the home environment, but with a range of home care services, your loved one also has the control and ability to lead a meaningful, independent life. These home care services range from medication reminders and assistance with range-of-motion activities to daily chores, meal preparation and grocery shopping.
- 4. Family Support & Participation: A quality home care network makes more than just a commitment to only providing a professional caregiver for your loved one. A Care Manager is committed to involving your family in the care process and keeping everyone in clear and regular communication. This includes monthly calls and quarterly in-person visits with your loved one at no additional charge. And if your loved one’s well-being is at all in question, you and your family members are immediately contacted and the necessary changes to the Personalized Care Plan are made.
- 5.Your Peace of Mind: Having professional Kind Care caregivers in your loved one’s life, you’re doing more than ensuring premium care for your loved one. You’re also ensuring peace of mind for you. In most cases, it’s simply not possible to provide the range and level of care your loved one needs and deserves. With kids, a job and a life of your own, it’s unreasonable to layer the additional demands and responsibility of being a full-time family caregiver to your loved one. Taking advantage of having a Kind Care caregiver is not giving up on your loved one or being selfish. On the contrary, you’re being selfless by bolstering your own love and support with professional, quality care while enabling you to spend time enjoying their company.